Sunday, August 05, 2007

Oh joy! My kids have not been sick all summer (knock on wood), but one or two of my four-legged kids MIGHT get sick. My mom's friend got a new dog from the Humane Society and she had this weird cough and was hacking up some flem stuff. His vet gave him some meds for her but didn't say what it was. My mom exposed her dog, Mugsy, to it not knowing. She figured it out and took the dog to the vet. Her vet said that he had "kennel cough" and that it is a HIGHLY contagious illness for dogs. I've kept my dogs away until Mugsy was over it. We took them over yesterday so that Gracie could get clipped (side note: my mom took her all the way down and the kids FREAKED!). Anyway, my dogs were running the fence with the neighbor's dog and my mom noticed him coughing... GREAT! So now my dogs may be getting it too. I'm calling my vet in the am. Not an expense I need right now but I don't want two dogs coughing, feeling icky, and flemming up my hardwoods. HA!

No comments: